Hopefully my photos do the talking but here is a little more info about me…
Photo credit: Laura Wade Photography
Hi, my name is Martin and I’m the person behind Nifty Photo!
I’ve always been interested in photography since I was a little kid playing around with my dad’s photo kit and learning the very basics of film photography. Over the past ten years I’ve been involved in all sorts of projects and my style and approach to photography has changed to what you see today. I treat every job with the upmost importance and really enjoy delivering quality work that gets people talking and sharing.
My early ventures into photography included live music and promotional type work for bands across the North West of England and I’ve had images published in NME, Kerrang & Metal Hammer to name a few. I’ve even been lucky enough to shoot live photos of bands including Paramore, Twin Atlantic, Ash and Idlewild in the photo pit at gigs and festivals.
Some of my landscape work has been snapped up by marketing agencies and production companies in New York. This included an image used as a huge backdrop in a broadway show featuring David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) and another enormous wall sized print in two NYC Time Warner Cable stores.
Here are some ‘fun facts’ about me…
- I’m a massive music fan and love going to gigs. Some of my favourite bands are Interpol, Death Cab For Cutie, Xcerts and Nada Surf.
- I play guitar but very, very rarely in public! I played one of my only gigs at The Adelphi in Preston when I was at college and had to drink about a half bottle of JD to summon up the courage to do it. Can’t remember if I pulled it off, ha ha!
- Not long after I left High School I began working as a web designer for an independent record label based in London.
- It sometimes doesn’t feel like it’s worth eating food unless it’s spicy enough that it hurts a bit.
- I generally prefer city breaks over beach holidays.
- I was in the Air Cadets at school but left when I realised that even getting to go in even a glider was a pipe dream. I’m not saying I expected to go up in an RAF Tornado in my second week or anything
Finally, I pride myself on being approachable and honest so if you want any further info or have any questions then please get in touch by emailing or filling in the contact form below.
Thanks for visiting my site and taking time out to read this bio.
I’m based in Chorley, Lancashire – but regularly travel across the North West and beyond